In other words, Josiah gets his revenge, and all the brackets are essentially gone to hell. Just like the NCAA brackets!
Round 2 of Geek Madness is wrapped up! Lauren is not pleased with one particular result… and we believe Josiah got the wrath because of it…
Continue reading Geek Madness Round 2 Winners REVEALED
Vote NOW! Or forever hold your peace…
The Lego Batman Movie is currently in theatres, and so far it’s far exceeding the already lofty expectations. With this movie and rumors swirling that Ben Affleck wants out of playing the World’s Greatest Detective fresh in my brain, why not rank the Caped Crusader’s biggest foes?…
Now you’re probably wondering why 14? Well, Valentine’s day. That’s why! And what other perfect way is there to list mine and Jo’s favorite Video Game couples.
It’s time for another episode of Geek Open Mic, where we share our favorite news stories of the week. Continue reading Geek Open Mic: Ayer’s Suicide Squad Comments, Overwatch DLC, & More
Another day, another great trailer. April is good. Very, very good. And this trailer for “Suicide Squad” shows that DC is capable of making a movie that is filled with compelling characters and some full out fun.
A few quick takeaways from the recently released “Blitz Trailer”. Take a minute and watch it. Go ahead. I’ll wait.
Done? Good, because
1. It’s Hammer Time – We get to see Harley and her favorite weapon. Although for most of the trailer we see the lovely psychotic working on her batting average, it is full on fun to see her with her trademark. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind, without fail that Margot Robbie steals this show. This trailer cements that further. This is a casting decision as legendary as RDJ as Tony Stark or Hugh Jackman as Wolverine. Period.
2. Jared Leto is no joke – Throughout places in the trailer his haunting laughter just hangs back there. We see him in several different outfits, including a tux. We see him at one point with what appears to be half his face burned. We’ve known for a long time that this is not your father’s Joker. This is not Cesar Romero, not Jack Nicholson, not even Heath Ledger. This is a level of psycho we’ve never seen, and it looks really, really good.
3. Share and share alike? – The trailer begins with the same sentiment that got the ball rolling in Batman v Superman. What if Superman is really a bad guy? Is it a throwaway line or is this REALLY the next movie in the DC shared universe? Remains to be seen.
4. Fun, fun, fun – This is a movie about some very different characters. HUGE personality characters which look to be executed spectacularly. It’s a good cast. A really good cast. And this movie, with these people, is proof that you can have darkness, and grit and still have fun.
5. Change of Direction – After the BvS fell off the cliff after it’s first few days, “Suicide Squad” was reshot to add more humor…….. SCREECH…..CRASH…… Um…NO. Silly rumor that director David Ayers quickly dispelled. NOT TRUE, even if it was on the Internet. But this is a departure from the overly serious BvS and MoS films
6. Batman is Still The Sheriff in this Town – Lots of footage of the Caped Crusader. I’m wondering more and more about that story line. At first I hoped it was just flavor, but now I am more excited about it.
Suicide Squad hits theaters on August 5, 2016. What did you think of the trailer? Did it change your excitement level? What are you most looking forward to? Leave a comment below.